339: The New iPadOS Cursor
This week, we dissect the newest iPad Pro its new adaptive cursor, speculating on the future of cursor-touch hybrid interactions. Marshall also shares early feedback on a new prototyping tool and we find escapism in our cool things.
Fathom Analytics – we love it, we use it, we can't recommend it enough. Fathom is a privacy-first analytics tool that provides all the right information about traffic to your websites. Some of our favorite features:
- The data it collects is simple and straightforward, meaning that it can load your analytics dashboard incredibly quickly and gets you straight to the most important information
- Fathom is a small two-person team that charges money for the service. Your data is not sold or leveraged in another way. Simple, straightforward pricing makes the world go 'round.
- And so much more.
Learn more at designdetails.fm/fathom and if you sign up using that URL you will save $20 off your first invoice!
Golden Ratio Patrons:
We're looking for partners to work with. If your team is hiring, launching a new product, or wants us to get the word out about a new initiative, please get in touch!
Latest VIP Patrons:
Huge shoutouts to our latest Very Important Pixels!
- Marshall got into the Play beta. It's promising, so far!
- James Brookes has been tweeting little micro-summaries of the last few episodes - thank you!
- A new iPad Pro is out, and it has cursor support!
- The adaptive cursor is beautiful, here's a video showcasing some of the neat details.
- Craig recorded a lovely video showing off the cursor, too.
- Ryan Morrison made a web prototype to demo the cursor interaction with a mouse.
- The new Magic Keyboard looks fantastic, but very expensive.
- We've previously asked ourselves if AR is a gimmick.
- Brian shared Devs, a new thriller series on Hulu.
- "A young software engineer, Lily Chan, investigates the secret development division of her employer, a cutting-edge tech company based in Silicon Valley, which she believes is behind the murder of her boyfriend."
- Shoutout to @gabrielvaldivia for the recommendation.
- Marshall shared The Good Place, a "comedy about what makes a good person."
Design Details on the Web: