338: Passive Income and How To Give Advice (feat. Meg Lewis)
This week, we catch up with Meg Lewis, a designer, coach, writer, speaker, business-owner, podcaster, and all-around fun human being. We talk about building passive income streams, how to give advice, having strong opinions, and facing public criticism – among many other things. And as always, we share our cool things of the week included a very timely hygiene product, new mobile apps, and a YouTube playlist.
Fathom Analytics – we love it, we use it, we can't recommend it enough. Fathom is a privacy-first analytics tool that provides all the right information about traffic to your websites. Some of our favorite features:
- The data it collects is simple and straightforward, meaning that it can load your analytics dashboard incredibly quickly and gets you straight to the most important information
- Fathom is a small two-person team that charges money for the service. Your data is not sold or leveraged in another way. Simple, straightforward pricing makes the world go 'round.
- And so much more.
Learn more at designdetails.fm/fathom and if you sign up using that URL you will save $20 off your first invoice!
Golden Ratio Patrons:
We're looking for partners to work with. If your team is hiring, launching a new product, or wants us to get the word out about a new initiative, please get in touch!
Latest VIP Patrons:
Huge shoutouts to our latest Very Important Pixels!
- Kristian Hjelle
- He Hexi
- Rachel Murawski
- Rafly Nurfallah
- Tanveer Singh Mahendra
- We have a Gmail account – firstname.lastname@example.org. We won't check this email that much, but we're now going to start exploring cross-posting our episodes to YouTube. Check out our channel and subscribe, if that's your thing.
- We're also reviving our Instagram profile – give us a follow and we'll start sharing more!
- Today we caught up with Meg Lewis, a writer, designer, podcaster, business-owner, comedian, and so much more. Seriously, Meg is prolific.
- We catch up on how we're faring working from home during the corona virus pandemic and share tips for newly-remote workers.
- Loom is a useful app to share your screen with a little extra personality.
- We talk about managing many projects, building a stream of passive income, the tradeoffs of building an audience, the merits of giving advice, and much more.
- Meg now hosts Overtime by Dribbble, where she's been able to explore the idea of having strong opinions.
- Follow Meg on Twitter, Instagram, and Dribbble.
- Meg's other projects are Ghostly Ferns, Full Time You, Sit There & Do Nothing, The Overtime Podcast by Dribbble, Fool Proof. She also speaks and writes.
Design Details on the Web: